"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you..." 1 Corin. 12:9

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Grace

When I created this blog, I thought I knew what grace was. But, I was SO far short of grasping it. I'm sure I still have far to go in my understanding. I am grateful that we are all in the process of growing in grace and knowledge.

Colossians 1:6 the gospel "which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing—as it also does among you, since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth," (ESV)

2 Peter 3:18 "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." (ESV)

Titus 2:11-12 "For the grace of God has appeared [Jesus], bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age," (ESV) 

Today, I revel in the grace of God everyday and am so grateful that it is His kindness that leads me to repentance (Romans 2:4). I am grateful that I am no longer under the wrath of God (1 Thessalonians 1:10; 5:9) and that my sins are taken AWAY (John 1:29)! I am a beloved child of God, lavished in love (1 John 3:1) and grace (Ephesians 1:8). I have a brand new nature (2 Corinthians 5:17); I have a brand new heart (Ezekiel 36:26) with His laws written on it (Hebrews 10:16-17). I am complete in Him (Colossians 2:10); I am righteous in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 3:22). I am created with divine purpose for good works which He prepared in advance for me to do (Ephesians 2:10). I get to participate in the divine nature and have been given everything I need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3-4).

I was a sinner who was saved by grace to give glory to God and to be zealous for good works. Now I am a saint who sometimes sins, but my overall want to is orchestrated by Him for Him and His purposes (Philippians 1:6; 2:12-13). I am a part of His body which is the fullness of Him Who fills everything in every way (Ephesians 1:23)!

I am all of this because HE did all the work necessary to save me from myself. IT IS FINISHED!!!

He loved me before I even knew Him and drew me to Him through Christ.

He provided eternal salvation by sacrificing His One and Only Son to torture.

He grows me in and by His grace through the power of the Holy Spirit, my sweet Counselor and Comforter. "That power is like the working of His mighty strength which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead..." (Ephesians 1:19-20). This resurrection power makes me more and more like Jesus all the time!

He has marked me 'with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession, to the praise of His glory" (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Jesus, plus nothing else! He did all the work, and I'm giving Him all the glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment