"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you..." 1 Corin. 12:9

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Peace & Rest

Soon I plan to do word studies on peace and rest.  I think these are the byproducts of trust and belief.

And OH how I long to be peaceful, consistently.  And OH how I long to rest in Jesus.  I feel I too quickly lose these blessings whenever circumstances feel terrorizing.  I serve the same God Who works on my behalf regardless of circumstances.  He promises to take care of me through every circumstance.  Yet my flesh freaks out in fearfulness so easily.

 And I'm sick of it!  

I feel my distrust is a slap in the face of the God I love.  He is utterly true and utterly trustworthy.  To worry that He will not live up to His Word is to call Him a liar.  In the old west, 'them's fightin' words!'  And how much more horrible to imply by my thoughts and actions that the Holy God is a liar.  Arrrggghhhh!

I am SO thankful that He knows that I am dust and that He is rich in mercy and in love.

It is ridiculous to me how I can believe Him SO completely about some things and not about others.  His veracity doesn't waver subject to subject.  But my trust level does.  Why?

Why?

Why???


No comments:

Post a Comment