"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you..." 1 Corin. 12:9

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Perfect Paradox

I love the amazing paradoxes God has us walk by.

Though it seems you have every reason to worry, don't.

Though you sin all the time, if you belong to Jesus, He sees you as 'white as snow.'

And my favorite one is the result you get when you put John 15:5 and Philippians 4:13 together.

John 15:5 "Apart from Me, you can do nothing."
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me."

Colossians 1:29 goes right along with these. "...I labor, struggling with all HIS energy, which so powerfully works in me."

These verses are my constant companions, helping me through each day. As I walk knowing I am incapable of doing anything by myself, I lean on His power and ability to help me do all He wants me to do, trusting Him to strengthen me.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (Philippians 3:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment