"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you..." 1 Corin. 12:9

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

George Muller

I am reading The Autobiography of George Muller. I was reading about his primary motivation for beginning his orphanages. I was expecting that he did it because of the great need of the children or because of his great love for them. However, this was not the case.

His main motivation was to have a tangible vehicle by which to display God's faithfulness to answer prayer and to provide for His people. He had repeatedly tried to counsel believers to trust God's provision but could not seem to fully encourage them to do so. He knew that God's provision for the orphans would be a highly visible way of showing God's activity in behalf of His children who trust Him fully.

INCREDIBLE!!! And very convicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment