"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you..." 1 Corin. 12:9

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mind Your Own Business

I have been reading through the Message this year. It certainly has a different way of looking at some things. (Some I agree with, and some I don’t.) Some times, it hits home hard!

Like today...

Romans 14 is very convicting about not judging others. The Message tends to personalize things even further. So, in verse 12, I read this:

“So tend to your knitting. You’ve got your hands full just taking care of your own life before God.” (I, of course, substituted crocheting for knitting!)

Then in verse 22:

“Cultivate your own relationship with God, but don’t impose it on others.”

Wow! Ouch! Yikes!

I’m going to be some time pondering the wide scope of implications here!

No comments:

Post a Comment