by Donna Otto
It all begins with you---with your answer to God's call on your life. So it helps to get an idea of what God thinks of you. He tells you clearly in the words of Scripture.
- He loves you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3; John 3:16).
- He created you in His Image (Genesis 1:27).
- You are His child (John 1:12; Romans 8:16; Ephesians 1:5).
- He knows you intimately and by name (Isaiah 43:1; Matthew 10:30; John 10:3).
- He made you exactly the way He wanted (Psalm 139:13-18).
- He cared enough to give His only Son to redeem you from your sins (John 3:16).
- You are a new creation in Him (2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 5:8; Colossians 2:13).
- He wants you to trust Him to take care of you (1 Peter 5:7).
- If you have children, He has a specific set of responsibilities for you (Proverbs 22:6, 23:13-14; Colossians 3).