"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you..." 1 Corin. 12:9

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Consider the wonder of Him!

I have so been enjoying God's creation this spring and thinking about the wonderous variety of His creation.  He has made so many things that we can never see them all.  Some of His creation, a human will never see.  He's made it just for His own enjoyment.  He is amazing.

Knowing the scale of His creation makes me wonder anew at His love for me.  The Creator of the Universe is personally concerned with my life.  Woah! Not only that, but He LAVISHES His love on this child of His.  (1John 3:1)

Knowing how amazing He is gives me a lot of comfort.  Surely the God Who holds the planets in place can hold my puny life together.  Surely the God Who sustains the biosphere which holds all life can sustain me.  Surely the God Who created DNA can minister to my innermost being all that it needs.

Pondering His vastness and power and marveling over His gentleness and love builds trust in my heart toward Him.  His character draws me close and makes me want to fall in love with Him.

Some people believe in God as a concept.  Some people even go so far as to believe in Jesus and what He did for us.  Others do the wise thing and fall head-over-heels in love with Him.  That's what I want to do.  And why not?  He's given me every reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment